The Bengali cuisine is very famous in our country. They are mostly famous for their fish recipes and their sweets. But apart from that they have a number of vegetarian dishes too that is absolutely loved by all. The Bengali’s are quite well known for adding a pinch of sugar in every recipe of theirs. I guess that’s where the sweetness comes from.
In today’s article, I am going to be talking about a few Bengali dishes that are not just loved by the Bengalis but by everybody else. Continue reading the article to find out if your favourite Bengali dish is in the list or not. There are just so many but; I am going to pick out my top 5 dishes.
- Dum aloo recipe– Talk about a vegetarian dish and dum aloo probably tops the list. It is the ultimate favourite of every Bengali. And also is one of their favourite breakfasts. Dum aloo with luchi which we all know as poori is one of their favourite breakfasts of all times. In fact even I love this dish very much and I guess you do too. But have you ever prepared it at home? If not then check out their dum aloo recipe in Hindi for this Sunday and see how it turns out. It is very easy to make and easily available in the internet.
- Kolkata style chicken biryani– In our country, biryanis are really very famous. There are so many types of biryanis and all are absolutely lovely. Every Indian wedding does have at least one type of Biryani on its food menu. But for me Kolkata styled chicken biryani is love. It is probably the mildest of all the other biryanis and the aroma of it will fill your heat with happiness. If you haven’t tried it yet, you have to try it out immediately.
- Phirni– there is a lot of sweet dishes that are very famous in Kolkata. For starters rosogulla and sandesh are well known by everyone. You might wonder, why I still mentioned phirni and not the others. Well, phirni is a well-known Bengali sweet dish, and it is time everyone should know about it. It is made of rice, milk and sugar. After a heavy meal, try having phirni; trust me, it would be the best feeling ever.
- Doi mach– so when we are talking about Bengali dishes, we have to talk about at least one fish recipe, right? Doi means curd in Bengali. This fish recipe uses curd as its main ingredient. The result is thick and creamy gravy with tenderly cooked fish pieces in it. The curd gives it a very tangy taste which is the main attraction of the dish.
- Illish maach– Bengal is famous for its illish or hilsa fish. This is not just famous in Bengal but all the neighbouring states. This is loved by all Bengalis and you know you may not find one Bengali who would refuse an illish maach preparation.