Fish is generally low in fat as well as rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 helps in improving the mental functions and maintaining a healthy heart by reducing the blood pressure level. As per researches, regular consumption of fish can alleviate the risk of several diseases, such as asthma and prostate cancer. White fish, such as cod are rich in low fat proteins, on the other hand, oily fish like salmon, sardines, and mackerel are rich sources of omega-3 acids. But, it is always very important to purchase a fresh fish.
You can distinguish fresh fish by their bright and clean eyes. Fish, associated with dull eyes, may not be fresh. A fish must be smell like clean water, and it should not be associated with any sort of bad odor. Their flesh should be bright as well as shiny. Fish should not be featured with any kind of milky liquid, as it is the first sign of becoming stale. Anyway, there are lots of fish recipes around the world and with a slight twist and little innovation; many fancy fish recipes can be cooked. Here is a list of some popular fish recipes that will surely please your mind and taste buds.
- Surmai Fry: Fish fry is always a hit recipe among the people. In this recipe, fish is coated with spicy fish masala and then layered along with a crispy coating of sooji. The surmai fry recipe is very simple and some of its ingredients are like Surmai fish or Seer fish, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, Tamarind Pulp, Coarse Sooji, Coriander Leaves, several spices, and so on.
- Masala Fried Pomfret: In this recipe, crisp fried pomfret are marinated in a rich balance of spices. A sweet, warm, and tangy salad of kiwi, cabbage, mild spices and coconut makes a delicious treat.
- Fish Curry with Lotus Stems: It is a Kashmiri fish curry that is cooked with lotus stems.
- Fish Curry without Oil: In this recipe, fish is cooked with tamarind juice, onions, coconut, tomatoes and chilies. This dish is prepared in a clay pot without a drop of oil. It is fast, fresh, and flavorsome dish.
- Popcorn Crusted Fish Fingers: The evergreen taste of fish finger is twisted with an extra crunch of popcorn. In this recipe, fish fingers are wrapped in popcorn and bread crumb mixture then it can be baked or deep fried in oil.
- Fish Cutlets:It is an amazing starter dish. The steamed fish is minced with spices and it is combined with potatoes, shaped into cutlets and then fried.
- Meen Curry with Ghee Bhaat: The particular recipe is from ‘God’s own country’, Kerala. Fish fillets are cooked in coconut milk along with mustard seeds, tamarind, and other aromatic spices. Its best pair is rice laced with desi ghee.
- HariyaliMachliwith Onion Pulao: This recipe is associated with diverse flavors that are meshed together. A fillet of fish is cooked along with a minty green masala as well as it is served with some smoky brown rice.
All of those recipes are really finger-licking. So, if you want to know How to make Surmai Fish fry and other fish recipes, then you can take help from the internet.